The joint-Secretariat team will be working on two major Boundary Review programmes over the next 2 ½ years.
The Boundary Commission for Wales (BCW) will be commencing the Parliamentary Constituencies Review at the start of 2021. The Commission is responsible for shaping Parliamentary Constituency Boundaries in Wales and it is anticipated that this high-profile Review will be carried out under new legislation with a final report to be submitted in July 2023.
The Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales (LDBCW) is coming to the end of its current compressed Electoral Review Programme that commenced in 2017. In mid 2021, it will begin preparations for the next 10-year programme and will begin engagement and consultation work with its stakeholders to enable the new review period to start following the Welsh Local Government Elections in 2022. LDBCW is looking to create new ways of increasing public knowledge of the work and role of the Commission as well as improving the accessibility of its work.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead the communications and engagement workstream for the two Commissions.
It is your role to deliver and manage the public messaging and communications including press relations, website and social media work in Wales for the upcoming 2023 Parliamentary Constituencies Review and the engagement work in preparation for the 2022 Local Government Electoral Review Programme.
If successful, you will work closely with the Chief Executive, Head of Policy & Programmes as well as the Commissioners across the two Commissions.
As someone with a passion for communications and engagement, you will seek out opportunities to create effective change and suggest innovative ideas for improvement. You’ll use evidence and knowledge to support accurate, expert decisions and advice.
You will be responsible for :
- Growing the Commission’s media presence and acting as first point of contact for all media relations
- Developing a Communications and Engagement Strategy for the two Review programmes
- Drafting responses to briefings, enquiries and correspondence in line with the Commission’s agreed policies and help prepare briefings when required
- Supporting the Chief Executive with public relations work
- Managing and delivering events such as workshops, consultation sessions, media briefings etc.
- Overseeing the Commission’s website and directly manage our social media presence
- Overseeing publication of key reports and other external communications products
- Supporting the Head of Policy and Programmes with stakeholder engagement
- Line management of Review Support Officers.
Please read the attached Job Description to discover further details about the role, who we are looking for and the criteria we will assess against during the selection process. We look forward to receiving your application and wish you every success.
You will be assessed against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Making Effecting Decisions
- Working Together
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service Pension
- 31 Days of Annual Leave per annum
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
If successful at shortlisting stage, you will be invited to the final selection stage consisting of an interview. Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Contact point for applicants
Name : Tom Jenkins
Email : email@example.com
Tel : 02920 464819
Applications (CV and covering letter which includes how you demonstrate the Success Profiles), should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm 08 October 2020.