The Local Government Boundary Commission for Wales was established in 1974 under the Local Government Act 1972. We were re-named the Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales in 2013 under the Local Government (Democracy) (Wales) Act 2013 (external link).
The Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales is an independent Welsh Government Sponsored Body with the main purpose of publishing a programme of work which keeps under review the electoral arrangements for the 22 principal councils.
The Commission makes electoral review recommendations, which it feels are in the interest of effective and convenient local government.
- Chair: Mrs Beverley Smith
- Deputy Chair : Mr Michael Imperato
- Member: Mr Frank Cuthbert
- Independent Member: Mrs Julie James
- Chief Executive: Mrs Shereen Williams MBE OStJ DL